Saturday, January 21, 2012

my kitchen and meal planning

i thought i would show you some pictures of my kitchen. it's the one space that i didn't list for my home goals of 2011. i love this space. and i love to cook in it. when friends are over, this is where we hang out. and there's plenty of room for everybody!!

love this bar and it is huge...seats 6!

here's a view with our breakfast area in the background. and hanging in that space is our "family rules" sign. you've seen them all over pinterest and etsy. but we weren't gonna pay the hundred bucks or so to purchase one...so we (with the help of my aunt)  made our own!! it's one of my favorite things! to the far left in the picture is my coffee bar aka morning sanctuary! here's a closer look...

i also left my hot chocolate station up from christmas. along with my peppermint candle. it's winter (sort of) so i thought it was appropriate.


i'll leave you with a few of the meals i plan on cooking in my kitchen this week. during basketball season our schedules are crazy to say the least but i try and cook at least 2 or 3 nights a week. planning our meals from pinterest and grocery shopping on sundays has made it really easy to manage!!



now this recipe calls for rice. but my boys aren't big rice eaters so anytime a recipe calls for it, i always substitute pasta.


and that's it...hope you all have a fabulous weekend!





No comments: