Sunday, February 12, 2012

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus



my focus has turned this week. i've completely taken it off of the only One who has all answers. it's so easy to get caught up in life. the need to fix things. the need for someone to fix me. i can't do it. i can't fix things. no one can fix me. the only way this will happen is to turn my attention back to where it needs to be. on Him. He can guide me. He can fix me. He can carry anything. He's strong when i'm weak. some how this week i've missed it. i've completely taken my focus off of him. and isn't it strange that just this week our devotion title on february 7th was don't be distracted. wow. i even took time to explain it to my boys. if you're in a race and you only focus on how tired you are and how hard the race is you're more likely to give up. instead focus on the finish line. jesus is our finish line. that's how i explained it. but yet i've completely focused this week on how hard the race is. not listening to the advice i gave my boys just a few days ago. so today i choose to turn my eyes on Him. i'll pray. and let Him handle everything else.

why am i so sad? why am i so upset? i should put my hope in God. i should keep praising him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:11

No comments: