Saturday, April 14, 2012

pulling weeds



i told you we've been working in our yard.

it has been and is going to be a long process.

and although i want it done now, i know these things take time.

 we've spent hours...
 pulling weeds.
laying down weed barriers.
 making sure everything has a clean foundation.

this whole backyard process has me thinking.
this is the exact process our heavenly Gardener uses to eliminate the weeds in our own lives.

he shows us the weeds in our lives that need to be pulled.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts
psalm 139:23

he is our barrier. our protector.
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior--from violent men you save me.
2 samuel 22:3

and he makes our foundation clean everyday.
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning
lamentations 3:23

so just as i work tirelessly at pulling weeds in my backyard to make it exactly how i want it to be, God is doing the same thing in my heart. he's pulling weeds to reveal more of who he wants me to be.

are there weeds in your life that you need to allow him to pull?




No comments: